OVER IT
Today, when I woke up to an amazing evening with a mild breeze ready to brush my cheeks and make me hug myself, my mind, behind the haystack made from weird hair, was fighting back scenes from a dream(as beautiful as it was though) I had in the dreadful afternoon nap. One thing that I can truly conclude is that troubling thoughts don’t leave you alone even when you put up shields of a subconscious mind.
Coming back to the dream, last night, I was constantly fighting with myself for transforming into a person I never wanted to be. I am not saying that the proposed person is someone awful; she is just someone I thought to be on the other pole than me. With a confused brain and a super tired body, I rested my head on the pillow like I haven’t slept for ages; and that’s when it came.
Just when you think you are completely over it and that “something” will never have an impact on you ever, it hits you in the face, mocking you and saying “I AM BACK”. There are no three words more fearsome, not even “Result Is Out”. This is now an established fact for me, there is no such thing as ‘over it’; sure you can learn to brush past it and move on but what was part of your life once will always be that way. The only thing that you can do is accept the facts and know that what’s gone is gone; you can’t catch that butterfly so why not spot a new one and run after it. After all, there is nothing in life if you don’t have something to chase, be it friendship, love, family, or even career; they just fuel us J
Comments
Post a Comment