The Unknown weather
Last night, as I was going through some random web browsing and basking in the intellect of other people's knowledge, I heard them again, the raindrops, they were bashing against the earth, as if charging towards the ground with all their might, but losing their will to fight right before the final blow.
If you have seen those couples fight which have just entered a relationship, you will realize that they build up a lot of anger in themselves a lot of times, but by the time it all comes out, they understand that they can't afford to lose the person in front of them, Just as they are about to get into a massive fight, one of them will calm down as the other will stand in front with a calm face.
Although this time, I think the earth has had quite a few such fights with the rains. It's already October, they need to get their crap together. We are all set to wait for some winter already. I am not normally a winter loving person, but the continuous rains don't help much in disliking winters. Is it not enough that I lived through continuous water logging in the city of Mumbai for three whole months that I still don't know whether or not I can leave the umbrella home.
If you have seen those couples fight which have just entered a relationship, you will realize that they build up a lot of anger in themselves a lot of times, but by the time it all comes out, they understand that they can't afford to lose the person in front of them, Just as they are about to get into a massive fight, one of them will calm down as the other will stand in front with a calm face.
Although this time, I think the earth has had quite a few such fights with the rains. It's already October, they need to get their crap together. We are all set to wait for some winter already. I am not normally a winter loving person, but the continuous rains don't help much in disliking winters. Is it not enough that I lived through continuous water logging in the city of Mumbai for three whole months that I still don't know whether or not I can leave the umbrella home.
Distressed by the everyday crisis of whether or stepping out without the extra load of an umbrella will be a good idea, I decided to do what any other person would, I Googled it, but the results that I found were shocking. The earth and rain are not fighting, it's apparently just the sky crying because of what we have done. There are numerous articles lying on the internet, waiting to be taken seriously, warning us about what our pollution causing capabilities are doing to the planet. It's no more breaking news that the climate change is impacted by human activities, yet we fail to acknowledge it with the depth it deserves. Some studies have pointed out that event he air pollution causes erratic rainfall in some places and below average in others.
It seems as though we have started dismissing these theories as easily as we dismiss common sense. I think maybe if an astrologer came and said that our luck will not get better unless we stop polluting for no reason, no one will ever stop.
I could go on and on about the cycle of events that goes wrong due to climate change. For example, one could point out that when the temperature increases due to climate change, the need for electricity (read A/C and fan) increases, thereby causing more coal burn and causing further temperature increase, not to mention the increase in the number of cars on the road because public transport is even more difficult in such a case. One could also point out that when the air pollution increases, so does the acid rain and so do skin diseases; not to mention that it leads to higher pricing of food because of destroyed crops, thereby making you pay more for medicines as well as food. We might not be able to do too much at an individual level, but not littering and not wasting water could be a start. However, I am aware how this won't change anything, so I retire into my chair with my cup of tea as I watch the sky cry again.
Comments
Post a Comment