Fighting The Blues


Last night, when a thunder struck the otherwise calm skies and the moon hid behind the blanket, saving self, I was delightfully gazing at the changing faces of the blue umbrella. The way the shiny old guy played hide-n-seek with his blanket was a treat to the eyes; I could spend hours there, to wait for the moon to appear back from beneath the moving clouds.
Today, when I woke up with the same beautiful memory, I was unaware that something similar awaited me. As fascinating as the thunder was to watch, it was dreary when too close to listen. In a matter of few seconds, my decisions and principles changed and I could feel myself falling helplessly, probably the same way “Alice In Wonderland” would have felt when the poor thing fell in a tree hole.
Have you ever been in situations where you had to accept a bitter truth about self? Have you ever been forced to realize that there is something you are not exactly good at? There’s a fair chance the answer to that question would be yes; it’s not exactly the thing you would be furious about. What if, although, I told you that you were incompetent at everything? What if I told you that the things you believe in the most about yourself are entirely false? Painful? Agonizing? But a very common statement! There are many such other things and comments that are capable of ripping one’s heart out; we are but humans and human are our feelings.
I am not going to try to tell you that your pains is wrong or that you are wrong; I cannot tell you what to do as every individual is and will remain different, that’s what makes us laugh and cry. I only want to tell you that it is okay to be sad, that it is perfectly fine to feel bad, but what is inacceptable is to give in.
Every time I feel the sinking heart, I feel like running away, like hiding my face in that blanket, just like our buddy moon; but that never finishes anything. So the next time you get that, go up to it and say it in the face, I am far more than you think I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unknown weather

KEEP THAT COOL

Worker Bees