Spoken Fest 2017

A couple of days ago, I mustered up the courage to try out something new on my own. After weeks of making plans with friends, I was the only one left interested in the event and decided to attend what was called “Spoken Fest 2017”. The introduction to the event left me intrigued, it was going to be a lot of known and new faces ready to take on an audience with the power of their words.
The concept was quite new to me, so I was obviously a bit skeptical about spending time and money, but I decided to give it a shot anyway, after all, you don’t get to listen to Zakir Khan poetry every day, even if its for a short while.

The two day festival featured a host of artists ready to mesmerize the audience with their spell binding literature, some with music and some with the simple power of pure voice. What might seem a bit boring to some people, was apparently food for the soul for quite a humongous audience. As soon as I entered the huge gates of the place booked for the event, I was stunned by the number that had turned up. These were the people who probably shared the same interests as me, an interest different from the mainstream hobbies of clubbing, partying and concerts. Little did I know that this would be just one of the surprises that awaits me over the course of two days.

At around 5:30, everyone gathered in front of the main stage for the major performances of the fest. The stage was set in front of open grass area where everyone seated on the grass or a rug, public, celebrities alike and the freshness of the atmosphere swept me off my feet. What followed was not just a festival, but an experience so great that adjectives abandon me when I sit to describe it. Right from the hosting by Gaurav Kapoor and Roshan Abbas to the major performances like Kabir Cafe; from the little and personal stories of Kommune members to the poetic art of 12 year old kids, the fest had everything I could ever ask for.

I left a content soul at 10:30 PM on 29th October, but what came next was far better than the fest itself. Even two days after the fest, I am left with a sweet after taste. The fest introduced to me to people I want to listen more of, it directed me towards the world which has so much to nurture my hobby. It gave me stories that are still lingering in my head, it gave me the goosebumps that refuse to go away, it gave me the people who share the same interests as I, and most of all, it gave me a confidence that the love for words is not a weird one. I just hope that the Kommune will put up videos of the fest, so that addicts such as I can hold on to them while we wait for the Spoken Fest 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unknown weather

KEEP THAT COOL

Worker Bees