TRUST

I can clearly recall this quote from 'Stuart Little' - "Every time you step out of that house, you face an adventure". Being not very evolved then to understand or extrapolate, I just went on with it.
Looking back although, during those self times I enjoy in the vicinity of the cool breezes under the watch of the shiny bald man, I realise that the quote and a lot more to it is actually true. When you are little, having an even more little brain, climbing a tree or falling of the porch is a hell of an adventure; but today, the biggest challenge that I believe I can face is to find a suitable person to put my trust into. Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about finding some Mr. Perfect guy; it could even refer to making new friends, or perhaps trusting a stranger approaching you for heaven knows what reason.
Suspicion is a permanent ailment- some may say so; some may even call it an evil; but the same people would agree ti the fact that friction is a necessary evil. Then it is possible that suspicion can also be a necessary evil; for what i can incur, one can't decorate their trust and serve it in a silver platter and neither can one one cage the bird forever. So how do you decide whom to trust- allow the mind to do it's math or let the heart catch the vibes and tread it's own path?
There are always two paths that you can come down to; irrespective of what you started off with. Our life is a horse drawn carriage with the greatest struggle being the fact that there are two horses. Sometimes they agree and a lot of times, they don't. Whenever you reach a fork, each one goes in it's own direction and what you get is a hit in the head by the tree ahead - well at least a headache similar to it.
From what my short meeting with the shiny bald head concluded to, there is no sure way of choosing between one of the horses, since the giving up of even one can and will slow you down. The only thing that you can do is wait and let time tell you or God lead you. :)

Comments

  1. I loved the post and wanted to share a related experience as well.


    Currently I am residing in Makkah, K.S.A: the most sacred city for Muslims. The city is visited by millions of pilgrims every year. Once when I myself was visiting the holy mosque a weak old man approached me and requested my help. He had misplaced his hand bag with all the travel documents inside it. I guessed that all this happened because of his poor memory, I also came to know that he had separated from his group at the airport. Alhamdulillah, after a few minutes I and a Saudi guy found his bag. But we couldn't find any document to know about his travel agent and about the hotel where he had to stay during the journey.

    I still remember how calm he was even he had lost all the docs. Probably because he had entered his dream place; the most sacred mosque for all the Muslims of the world.

    I kept on inquiring him about his family in Pakistan. Though he didn't remember any contact number but fortunately he remembered that he had placed a diary somewhere in the clothes he was wearing at that time. But since he was inside the mosque so it wasn't possible to take out the diary because that too was placed inside his under garments. We discussed the matter with some maintenance guys inside the mosque. The old man went with them inside the maintenance room where he finally found the diary.

    I found the contact number of one of his sons. After all of this struggle when I told his son that his father had separated from his group and was with us. Instead of appreciating the the support the son of the old man accused me as if I was deceiving them.

    He investigated why was I speaking Urdu if I was really calling from Saudi: an Arab country? I answered that I was a Pakistani residing in Makkah. Thanks to Allah that he finally trusted and shared the contacts of his other relatives residing in the kingdom. After a struggle of six hours I helped the old man perform his Umrah. Although I cannot forget the accusations and suspicions of his son with whom I had conversations via expensive international calls but I was happy and relieved to see the reunion when later his relative arrived on the third day.

    I conclude that:

    Though we should keep our shields ready but
    it isn't appropriate to meet strangers with our swords out of the scabbards.


    Oh ho !

    Sorry for loooong loooong comments ! (I will make the comments a post of my blog as well)


    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx for the comment
    It takes care of a dilamma of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what is the benefit of visiting your blog while you assume it doesn't even exist:)
      You can trust me. You wouldn't see any pop window informing you that your IP has won millions though you can win the heart of a blogger with a cute comment. (haha)


      Best Wishes

      Delete
  3. Correction: I wonder what is the benefit of visiting your blog while you assume that mine doesn't even exist:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unknown weather

KEEP THAT COOL

Worker Bees